MobilePack is Back! Please read all the information below even if you have volunteered at this event before. There are some important changes for this years event.
GBCC is committed to addressing the needs of hunger both locally and globally. One of the hands-on ways we do this is by partnering with Feed My Starving Children to host a Mobile Pack in the Green Bay area. Their approach is simple: children and adults of all ages hand-pack specifically formulated meals, then ship them to organizations on the ground doing the day to day ministry with these kids. FMSC ships meals to nearly 70 countries around the world.
Where: The Green Bay Mobile Pack is hosted on site at the GBCC Howard Campus and is a collaboration of many other local churches and organizations in the area.
When: October 4 - October 7, 2021
Goal: Our desire is to Pack & Provide 1 Million meals!
Important changes to be aware of this year:
- Each packing station can accommodate up to 10 volunteers. This year, due to COVID protocols, we are not able to combine groups. In effort to pack as many meals as possible this year, we are asking that you sign up with a group of friends and family. Let's fill the room and pack lots of meals!
- If would like to sign up as an individual or smaller group (2-3 people) we have options. This year there is an option to sign up for warehouse or labeling positions ahead of time. This will allow us to be more efficient and keep full 10 person packing teams at the workstations. So if you want to work a physically active warehouse position (refilling ingredient stations, carrying boxes of ManaPack, etc.) or a sit down labeling position use the link below for those positions. If you sign up for one of these positions, you do not need to reserve a spot on the FMSC volunteer site. We will take care of that for you.
- Another option for individuals or smaller groups to be involved this year is to volunteer as an Event Support volunteer. There are positions available that include greeting volunteers as they arrive, checking people into the reservation system and walk around the packing room during the event to make sure teams have the supplies needed and help afterward to sanitize and tidy up the stations after the packing session is completed (we call this team the rover team). Below is a link to sign up for those positions.
- A reservation is required to pack or volunteer for one of the other roles. No walk-ins are able to be accepted.
- COVID-19 Safety measures are being taken: CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT SAFETY MEASURES
- Pack & Provide means we will be packing a portion of the meals here in Green Bay and the remaining meals will be packed at other locations and/or machine packed.
Please note: August 15 - September 7 is limited to partner church attenders. GBCC is a partner church. You will need a private code when you register for a session. If you picked up an information card on Sunday, August 8, you will find the code in the instruction area. The instruction cards will be available at the information kiosk any Sunday or email for the code
A: The minimum age for volunteering is 5 years old. For safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed to participate in packing sessions.
We recommend that groups of youth be third grade or older.
We require the following adult to child ratios for school and church groups:
- Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
- Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7-12: 4 students to 1 adult
Please note: Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (an adult is someone 18 years of age or older).
A. FMSC is in the process of re-hiring their MobilePack staff. They also are in the process of re-establishing all of their carrier relationships. While it may be disappointing that we cannot pack the entire 1 million meals that week, it will allow others to experience a pack that may not otherwise have this opportunity (ie: prison). Some may be machine-packed as well. The most important thing we can remember is that 1 Million kids will be fed with your generous gifts! Thank you!
Q. What if I have more than 10 people in my group? A. If you sign up for more than 10 spots, you will be broken into multiple packing groups. Please try to sign up in groups of 10 so that all the stations are able to be utilized to their full capacity. This will help us to be able to pack more meals here in Green Bay.
If you have questions, please send an email to Janette at