Green Bay Community Church will continue to offer online only services at 8:15 and 10 am on Sunday, despite the decision on Friday by the Brown County health office to rescind its Safer-at-Home order.
It is our desire to proceed cautiously in re-opening our campus to worship services and other activities. We want to provide a safe environment for our community in an effort to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The Brown County health office rescinded the order based on legal grounds but recommended that all county residents, especially those in high-risk categories, should continue to follow prior "Safer-at-Home" guidelines.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court on May 13 overturned Governor Tony Evers' Safer-at-Home order that extended until Tuesday, May 26. The Brown County health office initially reinstated the order until Wednesday, May 20, but rescinded that decision on Friday.
The GBCC staff will determine a plan next week that will address how and when we will re-open our campus and will provide further details then.
From a biblical perspective we do not see the state or local guidelines as an opposition to gather and worship but a desire to keep people safe. We have been gathering as the church in homes, which supports a more early church model. We also see scripture pointing us to honor and obey the authorities in place. They have not told us we can no longer worship God.
1 Peter 2:13
Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution.
Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed.
We know many people desire to worship together as a larger body and we look forward to when that happens. Until then we want to move cautiously out of care for the people in our community.
Please pray that God will use this time in a mighty way.
For now GBCC staff members will continue to work offsite. Find staff contact information on our website. We will monitor emails and voicemails closely.
Here are other GBCC offerings:
• If you would like to submit a prayer request or consult with a pastor on the phone or via Zoom, email us at
• There will be a Zoom prayer meeting on Wednesdays from 11 to 12. To request an invitation, email
MID-WEEK BIBLE STUDIES
• Pastor Troy Murphy hosts a half-hour Zoom Bible study every Wednesday at 9 am and 4 pm. To get connected click here.
PASTOR Q & A
• You can ask Pastor Troy Murphy questions on Facebook Live every Wednesday from 12 to 12:30 pm.
ZOOM HAPPY HOUR
• Want to hang out with some of your friends from Community Church on Zoom? Stephanie and Mark Smith will host a Zoom social gathering on Thursday, May 21, at 6 pm. Get the Zoom code here. Questions? Contact Stephanie Smith:
GLS LEADERSHIP TRAINING
• Attend a free online Global Leadership Summit leadership training session at 10:30 am on June 18 with author and speaker Sheila Heen, who will talk about how to navigate difficult conversations. Register here.
• Regular live programming on the Green Bay Community Church - Children's Ministry Facebook page is scheduled as follows:
*9:35 am Sundays (families)
*9 am Mondays (parenting)
*6 pm Wednesdays (families)
• Additional children's content is available on Facebook throughout the week.
• Children's devotional packets (Devos to Go) are available in the plastic storage bin outside the West lobby entrance. New material is supplied
• Gatherings on Zoom will take place at 10 am on Sundays and 6:30 pm on Wednesdays. To get connected on Zoom, email Middle School Coordinator Georgi Ritter:
• Content will be featured on our Green Bay Community Church - Middle School Ministry Facebook page.
• High School Ministry (HSM) will post live each Wednesday at 6:30 pm on Zoom. Additional devotional/Bible study content will be available on Mondays at 3:30 pm on Zoom. To get connected on Zoom contact Student Pastor Dave O'Vell:
• The following Care Groups will be offered in the coming weeks (click on each group below for contact information):
RIGHT NOW MEDIA
• GBCC attenders have access to a free video library for adults and children through Right Now Media.
• GBCC is one of the drive-through sites for free meals that are available to students in the Howard-Suamico school district. The GBCC site is open from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm on Monday and Wednesday. For more information click here.
COMMUNITY LOVE NOW FACEBOOK PAGE
• We have created a Community Love Now Facebook group to provide a forum for needs in our community to be shared and met. To join the group click here.