Green Bay Community Church's regular Sunday morning format includes breakfast, teaching and worship. Our goal is to get people better connected so we serve a free breakfast at 8:15 am followed by one worship service at 9:30.
We are currently in the sermon series "Choose to Thrive." On Sunday, Jan. 23 Vapor Ministries founder and chief executive officer Micah McElveen will be our guest speaker and examine your purpose in God's plan and why your life matters.
Here is a list of what else is happening at GBCC:
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS @ COMMUNITY
• On Jan. 12 we kicked off the third quarter of Wednesday night programming at GBCC. The following adult classes are being offered and it's not too late to jump in:
- FPU - Financial Peace University
- Love and Respect Couples Group
- Run for God - women's running group
- Scripture Centered Yoga
- Singles Bible Study
- Young Adult Bible Study
There is also programming for children, and a meal is served from 5:00 to 6:00 pm in the GBCC gym. We hope you take advantage of this great opportunity to grow in your faith. For more information or to sign up for one of the classes, go here.
• If you would like to submit a prayer request or consult with a pastor on the phone or via Zoom, email us at
• There will be a Zoom prayer meeting on Wednesdays from 11 am to noon. To request an invitation, email
• If you would like to schedule a pastor to visit you or a family member at the hospital, a care facility or your home, or if you would like in-home communion, please email us at
• We consider giving an act of worship and are grateful for the generosity of God's people. If you would like to contribute to the ministries at GBCC, text any amount to 920-214-0051 or give online.
• Got questions about life? The next Alpha group starts on Wednesday, Jan. 19 at Station One Brewing in Suamico. Alpha is a series of group conversations spanning 10 weeks that explore life, spirituality and faith through a Christian lens. There is a free meal, video talk and group discussion. Go here for more information or to sign up.
FAMILY LOVE LETTER WORKSHOP
• The Family Love Letter Workshop takes place on Saturday, Jan. 29 from 9 am to noon at GBCC and provides a simple way to document family, legal, financial and household instructions for your loved ones, in the event of your absence. Couples and singles of all ages are encouraged to participate. There is no cost and materials are provided. Sign up here.
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
• A free Family Movie Night is scheduled on Wednesday, Feb. 2 on the big screens in the GBCC gym. Doors open at 6 pm; movie starts at 6:30. Invite your family members and friends to the featured movie “Raya and the Last Dragon.” All concession proceeds go toward Feed My Starving Children. No dinner items will be on the concession menu – just movie-related snacks.
• Volunteers are needed so we can serve more children on Sunday mornings. Contact CM Director Emily Tippett if you would like to serve:
• Go to the Green Bay Community Church - Children's Ministry Facebook page for regular kids programming updates.
PARENTING COFFEE COHORT
• Meet with other parents of young children and Parenting Coordinator Mackenzie Wojta by the Children's Play Area after our worship service (around 10:45 am) on Sunday, Jan. 30. You will get encouraged and equipped and receive a monthlong kit full of activities to do with your family. There will be no childcare provided. However, your children are welcome to use the play area during our time together. They will be within eyesight of our meeting space.
• We will be celebrating Baby Dedications at Community Church on Sunday, May 15 in the GBCC Chapel. Go here for more information. You can also contact Parenting Coordinator Mackenzie Wojta to sign up:
• Check out Facebook Live every Wednesday from 12 to 12:30 pm for GBCC updates, special guests and more.
• Want to serve others in our community? GBCC Facilities Lead Michael Gabriel ( ) is looking for volunteers to share their skills and time to help others with projects. Want to make a financial contribution toward a recently completed house siding project we did for a couple that was dealing with medical issues? Contact GBCC Finance Director LeeAnn LeDuc ( ).
• New GriefShare and DivorceCare groups began meeting on Monday evenings at GBCC on Jan. 10. It's not too late to join these groups. Click here for more information on GriefShare and DivorceCare.
CIRCLES GREEN BAY
• The goal of Circles is to end poverty in Brown County, and one of the ways to do that is by coming alongside those who are looking to improve their lives. Consider becoming a Circles volunteer and invest in someone's life to make a lasting impact. Email Circles Coach Matthew Hastreiter or go here to the Circles website for more information.
PASTOR KIM'S BIBLE STUDY
• Join Pastor Kim Sechler for a Wednesday morning bible study via Zoom from 8 to 8:45 am. Go here to get the Zoom log-in information.
MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY
• Check for content and schedule updates on our Green Bay Community Church - Middle School Ministry Facebook page. MSM is looking for volunteers to serve in small groups on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. To volunteer email MSM intern Noel Stukenberg at
HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY
• Check for content and schedule updates on the Green Bay Community Church - High School Ministry Facebook page or the HSM Instagram account. For questions contact Garrett Kadrlik:
• Bring your lunch and join us for an opportunity to re-watch GLS speakers from the 2021 Global Leadership Summit. After watching the session, we will spend 30-45 minutes debriefing the topic in small groups. Our goal is to dive deeper into the topic and apply what you learned. This is free for 2021 GLS registrants and $10 for non-registrants. The next session is Thursday, Jan. 20, from noon to 1:30 pm at GBCC. Register here.
THE GIVING TREE FOOD PANTRY
• The Giving Tree accepts in-person donations at the Green Bay Community Church West Lobby entrances, where shopping carts are located to place your donations. Other drop-off locations in Howard and Suamico during regular business hours: Thornberry Cottage; Village Lanes; Papa Murphy's on Lineville; design a la mode; Village of Suamico offices.
TOGETHER GREEN BAY
• Together Green Bay is a call to everyone that influences others to make our city better through leadership and community development. We work to grow leadership in every public and private sector and we work to engage people and organizations in our community to end poverty. Go here for more information.
• Go here for a list of groups that are offered at GBCC.
GIVING YOUR HOME TO GOD
• We are asking Green Bay Community Church attenders to commit their homes to God, which simply means to use your home to serve God and others. Go to our homes page for more information and helpful training videos by our pastoral team.
RIGHT NOW MEDIA
• GBCC attenders have access to a free video library for adults and children through Right Now Media.
COMMUNITY LOVE NOW FACEBOOK PAGE
• We have created a Community Love Now Facebook group to provide a forum for needs in our community to be shared and met. To join the group click here.
• GBCC staff members are working on campus as well as offsite. Email to contact one of our staff members.